Thursday, October 8, 2009

Was I ready for some football?

My first assignment for Photojournalism is photographing sports. Being a bit of a sports fan , I am very excited cut my teeth in this area. I decided to shoot the South Gwinnett Vs Grayson JV football game. The game started at 6:00 pm so I had good sunlight to shoot at first. But as the sun set and the stadium lights came in I soon realized the inadequacies of my Nikon 18-135 lens. Under the lights the best I could get was this:
This was shot at 135mm F/5.6 @ 1/250 ISO 3200(pardon the noise the cameras four years old). This is straight of camera. Even at ISO 3200 that f/5.6 aperture only allowed my shutter speed to reach 1/250 which was not enough to freeze the fast action of the players. So I figure it might be time for an upgrade to the Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR. Its a great lens for sports and portraiture. Its also great at emptying out your bank account !


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment